Welcome guest Home | Contact Us | Register | Please login  
Champagne Marguet Père & Fils Grand Cru Brut Réserve (750ml)
Producer: Champagne Marguet Père & Fils champagne-marguet.com
Appellation: Champagne - France (AOC)
Type: sparkling white
Varietal: Pinot Noir - Chardonnay
Maturity: Drink
Rating: Excellent
Est. Price: US$31.99
Alcohol %: 12
Please check the store's Web Site for up-to-date availability
klwines.com: US$29.99
Tasting Notes:
rated: January 24, 2007 , K&L Wine Merchants klwines.com
"This fantastic Champagne is made out of entirely grand cru fruit, 60% pinot noir and 40% chardonnay from the cru's Ambonnay, Bouzy and Mailly. The wine is 60% from the 2000 harvest, with the other 40% coming from reserves of 1999 and 1998. It is very rich and powerful Champagne with tons of pinot noir muscle and plenty of yeasty, toasty flavor. I find it to be one of my favorites with richer appetizers (think pate or stuffed mushrooms) or even the main course! It is very rare to see an all Grand Cru Champagne at this price, but with our direct by (from Mr. Benoit Marguet) we are able to offer a spectacular value with this wine. -Gary Westby, K&L"
rated: January 24, 2007 , Catherine Granger ManageYourCellar.com
4 stars "dry, fruity, rich in flavors, with a round finish."